I love taking them...hate being in them!
A bit of a double standard, I know.
School photos were always painful. One reason was that I was always the tallest in the class (taller than the boys too). I always wanted to be in the front row...but was usually put in the back centre.
The other reason is because I can't smile (obviously). I dreaded the moment when the photographer would notice that I wasn't smiling and personally call out to me "smile!". This was usually followed by "come on, smile!).
Being a teacher these days means the trauma of school photos is still there. I often think about 'being sick' on school photo day, but I know that school photos mean a lot to most children and parents. So as usual I just go with the flow and shove my fears to the back of nowhere and endure it.
Being in my mid-thirties (goodness...have never used that sentence before!) I have attended many beautiful weddings. I love weddings! I love the dresses, the suits, the churches, the gardens, the receptions, the dances, the speeches...but hate the photographers (unfortunate people....they probably are in fact quite nice people). I have always joked to my friends that if and when it is my turn to be married I would hire bouncers to remove cameras from the wedding guests. If anyone wants a picture, they can get the few which I issue myself.
But my friends think I am joking...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.