I have a low thyroid function, so am now on daily medication for that. This explains my tiredness, memory loss and inability to get well fast after having a head cold etc.
My prolactin levels are high. I had a problem with this years ago also, and specialists believe it is related to my skull condition (skull bone putting pressure on my pituitary gland). So am soon to have an MRI to check all is well.
Last week I started giving myself daily injections of Buserelin in the mornings. The first injection was the hardest to do. As Malcolm usually begins work earlier than I do, I decided that I should do the injections myself, but I asked if he could be there for my first injection. I drew up the required amount of drug, swabbed myself and poised for the jab....and waited....and waited....then shed a few tears. Malcolm asked if I wanted him to do the first injection, but I said 'No, I have to learn to do it myself' and eventually I did it. It didn't even hurt! So now, 8 days later I have got it down to a fine art.
I have to keep doing this for another 3 weeks. On the 27th April I begin a night time injection of Puregon, and lower the morning dose of Buserelin.
Side effects so far....big headaches each day and feeling rather tired. However, it was also last week of school term.
At this stage, egg collection is being done on May 9.....in Auckland! More on that later.
Info taken from HealthPoint website: During an IVF cycle, a woman's own hormonal cycle can be put 'on hold', by a daily injection of Buserelin so that we can artificially stimulate the cycle. An ovarian stimulation drug is then given by another daily injection, either Puregon or Gonal-F. These drugs have a higher amount of FSH (Follicle stimulating hormone) than the body normally produces in order to produce more than one egg.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.