Saturday, June 16, 2012

Come on baby...smile!


Mum and Quinn

Recently my brother and sister-in-law, Bevan and Renee, brought their gorgeous wee girls over from Brisbane for a visit.  Charlotte is now 3 years old and Quinn was only 8 weeks old at the time.  While they were here Mum turned 60 and the family spent the weekend in Akaroa to celebrate Mum's birthday.  

Amongst all the family trips, meals and games there were lots of passing the baby around - and what a gorgeous baby to pass around!  Though while we were playing pass the baby I caught myself saying something I thought I would never say, “give me a smile Quinnee”.  Interesting!
Charlotte the proud sister!

It made me think of my parents holding me as their first-born baby 36 years ago and encouraging me to smile. How many times had they also said, “give me a smile”?  How many of their friends had asked if I was smiling yet?  How many family members had made comments about me not smiling?  How incredibly disappointing for them!  

Nowadays, people seem to know when I am smiling or not…I wonder if it was the same when I was a baby?  Did my parents know when I was happy or not?

2 comments:

  1. Yes we were asked all the time if you had smiled yet, at that stage we were not too worried, everyone does things at different stages. But sadly it was not to be. We certainly knew when you were happy as your eyes told us.Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mum. I am going to do a post on Monday about Nana...seeing she always said that my eyes tell lots of stories.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.